||[Jan. 2nd, 2011|06:55 pm]
01. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?|
I learned to ride a motorcycle!
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't remember if I made any last year, but I definitely didn't keep them if I did. This year, I'm going to try to swear less, at least for the month of January.
03. Did someone close to you give birth?
04. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness :)
05. Where did you go on vacation?
No vacations. I guess that balances out the four that I took in 2009.
06. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Money, solid relationships, self-discipline
07. What days are particularly memorable from 2010?
- The night we stayed up all night and watched with 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' twice.
- The night my neighbor and the womanizer came over and the long, boring stories that followed.
- The day I met Matt and we stayed up talking until like 7:00 in the morning.
- The night Chris and Tara and I went home with those weird guys and I drunkenly tried to play dinosaur chess and Chris played drums at like 3:00 in the morning.
- The 4th of July (falling asleep in my car and having that cop wake me up, the awesome fire show where Chris's head got lit on fire, watching Chris and Tyler dance to Katy Perry at that gay bar)
- Seeing Rob Zombie for the first time (finally)!
- Getting dumped through Facebook IM and the weekend that followed (talking to Daniel for the first time in months, going to the freak show, struggling with my motorcycle course)
- The day of Ken's birthday party, when my friends texted me and said that they didn't want to be friends anymore (made a new friend that night - good timing, I guess).
- The night I forced Mike to listen to the Broken Bells album like four times in a row.
- Going to the drag show with Ken, then taking pictures of bums when I was drunk and waiting for a ride.
- The epic dance party I had with Courtney, and all of the amazing conversations we had when we were just sitting around doing nothing.
- The night that Ken and I had a conversation so intense that I literally got in my car and started yelling because I was so frustrated.
- Halloween weekend
- Projectile vomiting in the parking lot of the Northgate Mall on Black Friday (sober, ugh!)
- My bday party, and the awesome, amazing people who showed up.
- The adventures we had while Jessica was in town (the Glaude show, dancing all night at Trinity, NYE)
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Getting my motorcycle endorsement, keeping my job
09. What was your biggest failure(s)?
Several important relationships went straight down the toilet.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I've been lucky.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My bike! I just need to get it running again!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Courtney's. She's taught me a lot this year about love and patience. I am very lucky to have a friend like her.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oddly enough, the same person I put here last year could go in this spot for an entirely different reason. There were a couple of people who acted very poorly and definitely made me feel that way. I don't need to name names.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas, food, bills. I didn't buy too much stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ummm... nada, that I recall.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
'Grenade' by Bruno Mars
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? Sadder. It was kind of a rough year.
ii. thinner or fatter? Eh, about the same, I think.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer. Way poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Making new friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Letting other people affect me.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
On Christmas Eve, I went to Leslie's family party, then hung out with Chris and Arron. On Christmas Day, I went to my parents' house and owned everyone at Taboo and Apples to Apples, then went to a punk show with Jess.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I fell in and out of 'like' a couple times.
22. How many one-night stands?
None. I'm classy, haha :)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Dexter (did I watch too much TV this year?)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a completely wasted emotion. I don't hate anyone... That being said, there are several people that I absolutely loved at this time last year, and I longer care about them anymore.
25. What was the best book you read in 2010?
I don't know about a specific book, but I discovered Christopher Moore this year, and I've enjoyed a couple of his novels.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010?
The Black Keys! Awesome!
27. What are your favorite quotes from 2010?
- "I had sex with pie and it was the worst sex I ever had!" - Ken
- "We had a trashy time, don't lie. You drank PBR and yelled at little kids." - Megan
- "His inner fat kid is sitting on his chest!" - Micah
28. What did you want and not get?
Security and confidence
29. Favorite film of this year?
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
A bunch of friends met me up at Dante's the Friday before my birthday. It was really fun. On my actual birthday, I went to the Glaude show with Megan and Jessica. That was really fun too! It was a good birthday, even though I turned... 26 (dun dun dun).
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having better judgment in the character of other people.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
It's still hoodies and jeans most of the time. I wear make-up now though, so that's progress towards womanhood, ahahaha!
33. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane? :)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ke$ha!!! Love her!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who do you miss?
Katie and Steve.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a couple of amazing people this year. Choosing one is a little hard.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
You can only rely on yourself. No matter how much you love someone, you can't expect them to be there for you. Even the most unlikely people can let you down.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"'Cause they know and so do I
The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life
Tell all of your friends goodbye."